Giles Hudson is well-known and respected as an Expert By Experience in the field of Acquired Brain Injury.
His life became a continuous rehabilitation experience, following a life threatening Acquired head injury, 30 years ago. Visibly there is no evidence of the injuries he sustained nor the daily challenges he faces.
The majority of his symptoms relating to his brain injuries were/are invisible – many of his skills and abilities that come under the umbrella of ‘executive function’ are damaged and compromised. These include problem-solving, self-awareness, decision-making and concentration.
Yet through his personal rehabilitation, inner determination, dedicated support, patience and encouragement of his parents, Giles has been able find success by developing strategies which have assisted him re-learn some of the skills he had lost.
Today, Giles undertakes consultancy work with Greenshoot Care Services Ltd and is passionately dedicated to inspiring others to fulfill their full potential.
He has been described as a proficient and eloquent speaker and has delivered inspirational and motivational talks on his experiences to Solicitors, Health Professionals, Medical Students, ABI/TBI Survivors and is an advocate for charities which support Brain Injury services users nationally. His involvements have led him to be called upon as a Speaker for Acquired and Traumatic Brain Injury Seminars and Conferences throughout the country.
Recent Events & Involvements
- Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Trust: Case study presentation at Annual Neuropsychology Conference, with a clinical focus, to audience of psychiatrists, psychologists & trainees.
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists In Neurology, Northampton: Case study based presentation at national conference exploring practice/therapies in neuro-rehabilitation to audience of physiotherapy professionals.
- Teesside University, Middlesbrough Occupational Therapy master’s degree students. Case Study Presentation.
- Real Life Options for the launch of their Aspire A.B.I. support service. Audience: people who had sustained an A.B.I, support workers, Aspire volunteers, representatives from Brain Injury Support Organisations, Catterick military base recovery centre and Medical professionals.
- Stewarts Law Solicitors, Leeds. Providing insight to long term effects of brain injury. Audience: Law partners, solicitors, law practitioners.
- Irwin Mitchell LLP Solicitors at their “Living Life Beyond Rehabilitation” Conference. Audience: legal practice, medical and various rehabilitation service professionals.
- Headway Darlington and Headway Teesside, who provide support to people who have sustained an Acquired Brain Injury. Presentation to people with acquired brain injury and to support service professionals.
- Momentum Skills North East who provide rehabilitation and training services for individuals affected by Acquired Brain Injuries or other Neurological Conditions impacting on cognitive ability. Presentation to people with acquired brain injury and to support service professionals.
For more information or booking, please contact the offices using the methods below: