This accredited workshop is targeted specifically for Solicitors. Giles Hudson ( Consultant at Greenshoot Care Services) will dive deep into specific challenges he went through in his rehabilitation, following a Traumatic Brain Injury. This workshop will give you insight and a long term view on the effects of Brain Injury you won’t get anywhere else. You will hear the exact how-to’s from somebody who has done it, experienced the same obstacles and frustrations your clients are likely to experienced and ultimately found success by developing a strategies and relearning some of the skills he had lost
Key Learning Outcomes
- Recognise & define barriers to confidence, motivation, self-esteem & progress.
- Recognise ways to improve confidence, motivation, self-esteem & progress.
- Recognise personal & environmental barriers to a reasonable quality of life for someone who has sustained a brain injury.
- Recognise ways to overcome personal & environmental barriers to a reasonable quality of life for someone who has sustained a brain injury.
- Recognise the possible long term negative effects and limitations on the quality of life for someone who has sustained a Brain Injury. (Including their reduced level of personal independence, career potential & future financial security).
- Have a broad understanding of the potential support required by someone who has sustained a Brain Injury & the implications of such support.
- Recognise the impact from someone sustaining a Brain Injury on their families, support networks & their community.
- Recognise the long term effects from someone sustaining a Brain Injury on their families, support networks & their community.
For more information or booking, please contact the offices using the methods below
Claire Hewitt, Business Development Manager at BHP Law (July 5, 2013).
"I would recommend Giles as a proficient speaker - especially in the area of brain injury and rehabilitation - his delivery on this
topic at the Darlington Headway Launch was both inspirational and motivational."
Ben Townsend, Partner and brain/spinal cord injuries lawyer at Stewarts Law LLP (July 10, 2013).
"I have seen Giles speak on a number of occasions and his account of surviving a brain injury was both moving and inspiring. I would be happy for him to speak at an event that I was organising. He has supported Headway Teesside and has been a positive, calming presence at our drop-in. I have been very pleased that he has regularly attended and supported other survivors."
Alastair White Network Support Manager at Headway - the brain injury association
“I have now worked with Giles since March 2013. Giles is a very motivational speaker, and I recommend him to potential training companies. The trauma that Giles has sustained in his life, gives him a platform from which he delivers his personal take on the experience that changed him as a person, changed his career path and changed his outlook on life.”
APIL CPD hours: 1
accredited by APIL Training